"Personalised Service with Reputation, Integrity and a Passion for Fine Art"
- We sell only the best in investment art and historical art.
- Conservation of Works of Art
- Framing of all artworks including Embroidery, Medals, Certificates, Artist works (water colour, oil, pastel, mixed media), Rugby jerseys to baby's first bootys!
- Restoration of Antique frames
- Restoration of broken and chipped China etc
- Our Location 2.5 km West along Geraldine-Fairlie Highway on left hand side .....signs will be up
- Valuations on all aspects/categories of Art....
- send images
- we'll value, burn to CD and also email to your choice of Accountant/Insurance company etc
- Business Hours 10am to 3pm and by appointment outside these times
- Credit Cards accepted via Zip Zap machine
Donald Goulter opened his art studio from his home in Halswell in early 1990's. After two years went and lived in St Petersburg, Russia for 3 years learning various art skills. Donald learnt to speak Russian and was taught Art by Graduates of the Art Academy in St Petersburg, and is an Invited Member of the UK Fine Art Trade Guild in 2007 He has imported and sold Art in Singapore and Christchurch, and after several years at selling Art in New Zealand a partnership was formed with a family member which was dissolved just after the Christchurch earthquakes. The Merivale shop is now closed due to damage and Donald offers all previous services from his new home on State Highway 72 to Mt Cook 2.5km from Geraldine.A bit of History
Donald's family arrived in Nelson on the small ship named Fifeshire,in 1842.The family farms in Marlborough to this day on its 6th generation. Throughout each generation there have been artists in the family all showing various ability from average to quite good.
Below we will be placing some images of amatuer artworks by members of the Goulter family through different generations. Our personal collections represent a wide range of traditional artists that have come to the fore in New Zealand art.
|Donald Goulter, "Still Life", December 2009||Robert Goulter, "Fishing Trawler", 2009||Ethel Goulter, "Southern Lake Scene", 1908|
The following works were painted by N J Goulter (nee Monro) at age 16, at Sacre Coure College, Wellington.
|N J Goulter (nee Monro), "Still Life with Flowers", 1941-42||N J Goulter (nee Monro), "Stand of Trees", 1941-42||N J Goulter (nee Monro), "Still Life with Fan", 1941-42|